History of the Church
Amblecote appears in the Domesday Book as Am-
With the increasing population and growing importance of the area it was considered that Amblecote should have a church of its own, and in 1838 the Lord of the Manor was approached with a request that he should assist the project. On February 20th, 1839 at a meeting in the Talbot Hotel, Stourbridge, a letter from The Earl of Stamford and Warrington (dated 20th December, 1838) offered two acres of land and £300 towards the erection of a Church in the hamlet of Amblecote together with an annual endowment of £100.
At a subsequent meeting held in the Public Offices, Stourbridge, on 23rd April, 1839 a committee of twelve was set up to see the project through its building stage. This group decided that the Church should be constructed from brick and faced with Fire-
© Geoff Warburton used by permission