The East End Window -
The window at the east end of the Church, which depicts scenes from the life of Jesus, is considered important as it is a good, early example of Victorian stained glass.
The window is a memorial to the Ironmaster and benefactor James Foster who died in 1853. It is believed that the window is the work of Michael O'Connor (1801-
The Side Windows
The four corner figures depict the Gospel writers Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The centre left shows the Baptism of Christ by John the Baptist. The centre right illustrates the Risen Christ on the road to Emmaus.
The Middle Window
The lower section portrays the agony of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, the middle pane is a representation of the Crucifixion and at the top we see the Risen Christ attended by Angels.
Left: 'The Baker Window'
Dedicated to the Glory of God and to Mary Laughton Baker who died, aged 19 years, in August 1936. The window represents 'Jesus and the Children of All Nations.' The window was given by her parents.
Centre: 'The Egan Window'
Dedicated in 1965 to the memory of Orpah Egan, by her daughter Agnes. The window, which was made by John Hardman & Co. of Birmingham, depicts St. Francis of Assisi although Agnes had requested that the window should be similar to 'Jesus the Light of the World' by W. H. Hunt.
Right: 'The Scout Window'
Dedicated in 1949 to the Glory of God and to the memory of Reverend Henry Milton Crabbe who was vicar and Group Scout Master from 1913-
The South Side Windows
These windows are examples of Twentieth Century stained glass.
Left: 'The Hambrey Window'
Dedicated to the Glory of God and to Edwin Harley Hambrey who was a Churchwarden from 1941-
Dedicated to the Glory of God the Father and to Mynnie Frances and Donald Geoffrey Bomber. Originally installed in 1968 with names added in 1970 this is another window made by Claude Price who studied and worked in Birmingham where he developed new techniques for fusing glass. The window depicts St David with a background and dedication panel showing scenes from North Wales.
Right: 'The Rogers Window'
To the Glory of God and in loving memory of Henry James and Emma Jane Rogers and given by their daughter Emily.This window, which depicts the Virgin and Child in a garden of white Madonna lilies, was installed in 1949.
The North Side Windows
Small Windows on the North Side
Top: 'The Turner Window'
Dedicated to the memory of Alvan Turner who was Verger for 31 years and who died on 22nd August 1948. The Scutum Fedei, or Shield of the Trinity, is to be found at the top of the window together with the Fleur-
Given in memory of a loving husband John Launchberry 1923-
Walsingham Chapel Window on the South Side
'The Guest Window'
This area of the Church was at one time the children's corner and the window depicts the young Jesus entering the Temple at Jerusalem.
It is in memory of Albert Peter Guest, 27th October, 1966 and Beryl Eileen Guest, 8th June, 2000. The window was dedicated in 1969 and was manufactured by Claude Price. The Lower section was restored in 1990, by Keith Brettle, after damage caused during a break-
Some information contained on this page is courtesy of the Amblecote History Society from their leaflet 'Stained Glass -